Tuesday 20 October 2009

I have a shoe size 7, I can stand on my own feet

In my last post I haven’t mentioned anything about my family, as if they are not important to me and all that matters is my new life “away”. That’s not true. I love them a lot and I do miss them, but it is time to live my life my way. I am only 18 years old which might seem very young to a lot of people especially Arabs but I think I am ready for it; and my family is very supportive with this too.

I keep in touch with my family through msn, yahoo, calling, texting and my mom even got facebook to keep in touch. My German grandparents call me twice a day to question me about everything that happened, is happening, will happen, might happen, when and with whom. It is really starting to get on my nerves, wonder how long I can keep up with it? You might think my Arab grandparents would be more concerned since not that many Arab girls study abroad as German girls do, but they are way more relaxed with the situation.

My father is probably the one who is most relaxed about the situation, he calls me from time to time and wants to know everything but it sounds like two friends catching up on the latest happenings. The most concerned person in my family is my German grandfather, he does not only call twice a day; he also checks the British news and weather every day. A few days ago he read that a lot of teenagers get beaten up randomly and for no reason on the streets of London, so he called me straight away to check if I was ok and to warn me about God knows what could happen to me.

6 comments:

  1. das alte Muster gefiel mir etwas besser ;-) sagt die alte Tante, die auch rote Punkte haben will

    http://mettmannkrimi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hier ist die alte Testtante, die immer testen muss

    ReplyDelete
  3. boah hast Du schon viele rote Punkte ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title of this post is attention-grabbing, good one.I have a shoe size 10 and I too stand on my own feet :D

    ReplyDelete